Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Creative Space

On the weekend the children and I pulled out our water-colours.  It was such a calming time together.  I have not painted for quite some months.  I decided to try my hand at a bit of water-colour illustration in making some cards for Easter.  What do you think?  I really enjoyed it.





Last year at Master J's Steiner kindergarten we browsed through a lovely book by Colleen Leenman.  It was discussing Easter in the Southern Hemisphere and activities to do with children.  All the Easter  gifts in Australian stores are full of Spring and propagandist goods.  There really is not much meaning encouraged these days, albeit even the true meaning of the celebration.

I wanted to incorporate an Australian Autumn theme in my Easter cards.  I hope you like them!  I will pop some up on facebook too, my store is coming soon.  So stay tuned!

Love Rach xo

PS. Check out all the other week's creation at Kootoyoo

& don't forget to get your comment in by tomorrow for my 100th post giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love that you've painted autumn trees to celebrate Australian Easter!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovel cards and I am sure they will be appreciated by the recipitants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are gorgeous....do you sell your cards?? You should!! TK xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany,

    I have popped them up on facebook to sell - they are $3 each and free postage with orders of 2 or more!

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fabulous Rach!
    I love the autumn/easter concept.
    Hope you sell loads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful and I love how you have used Autumn in your cards too, very creative. And thank you for the book link too, it's lovely to see a book for those of us who celebrate Easter in autumn. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rach,
    I must be super silly because I can see them on Facebook but can't work out how to order any??? My email is: tiffanyk@live.com

    With love & hugs, TK xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My smallest had her first kinder harvest festival today. Celebrating Autumn with Easter makes a heck of a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards! I've never thought of the fact that Easter wouldn't be happening in the spring for you. Autumn is such a lovely time, though I am enjoying the beginning of spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE how you inspire creativity in your children... such a beautiful home you have, friend. e.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...